Dr. Jason Yi-Bing Lin entered the National Cheng Kung University in 1980 and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) in 1983. In 1985, he undertook a doctorate program at the University of Washington (Advisor: Ed Lazowska), and graduated with a Ph.D. in Computer Science in 1990. His research interests include personal communications, mobile computing, intelligent network signaling, computer telephony integration, and parallel simulation.
Dr. Jason Yi-Bing Lin is a Chair Professor of the Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering (CSIE) at National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) since 1995, and since 2002, has been the Chair Professor of the Department of Computer Science and Information Management (CSIM), at Providence University, a Catholic university in Taiwan. He also serves as Vice President of the National Chiao Tung University.
- 2016.11- present: Vice Chancellor, University System of Taiwan
- 2014.03-2016.05: Deputy Minister, MOST
- 2014.01-2014.03: Deputy Minister, NSC
- 2011-2013: Senior Vice President, NCTU
- 2010-present: lifetime Chair Professor, NCTU
- 2007-2011: Dean, College of Computer Science, National Chiao Tung University (NCTU)
- 2004-2007: Dean (VP), Office of Research and Development, NCTU
- 2004-2010: Chair Professor, NCTU
- 2003-present: Adjunct Chair Professor, Providence University
- 2000-present: Adjunct Research Fellow, Academia Sinica.
- 1997-1999: Chairman, Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering (CSIE), NCTU
- 1995-present: Professor, CSIE, NCTU
- 1996: Deputy Director, Microelectronics and Information Systems Research Center, NCTU
- 1990-1995: Research Scientist, Bell Communications Research (Telcordia)